Friday, October 21, 2011

It's the simple things!!!

The school that my kiddos go to had an appreciation brunch today... I helped out with the decorations so I am the happy recipient of the "leftovers".  Not the food but some of the decor.  The parts that were just going to rot if just left in a dark gym.  So to our home they traveled.
Who knew that such simple things would make me so happy?  I spent a little time this afternoon finding a "home" for these beauties.   


Aren't they pretty???  I love sunflowers!  You have to admit that the most wonderful "decorations" come from nature.  God's creation is awesome on it's own but I also love to add funky pieces to the raw, natural elements.


Look at that beautiful curly stem!  So fun!  And the copper charger ~ from my Mom... I'll have to get the story on them but I use them all over my house when I'm decorating.



Clippings from our Yaupon Holly Tree.  Just for color.



And the "crowning" piece ~ a knife from a set of 4 that my Mom made me buy on a junking trip (I'm so glad she did!)!  Hello!  Did you notice the awesome engraved "M"???!!!  Did I mention the set was $2?  Thanks Mom!



A mason jar all wrapped up with a burlap knot (love me some burlap)!

So this little grouping will live on my counter right by the sink where I spend lots of time!  And I will now smile while I am doing the dishes...



No comments:

Post a Comment